I think that I would hope that people became the feet and hands of Jesus, and help to free me.
That’s just what the author of the blog, We are That Family, Kristen Welch is doing. She started Mercy House, and Fair Trade Friday.
For $1.00 a day, through what she’s done, I can help women caught in horrible conditions.
AND, not only that, but for that $1.00 a day, I receive a treasure chest of beautiful products, handmade by the women each month.
Picture of some of the treasure
Although all 8 of my children have different personalities and temperaments, there was also general differences between what the preschool boys and preschool girls wanted to do outside in warm weather.
The 10 favorite activities for the boys are described here.
Here is a list of the girls’ favorite summer activities:
1. Throwing a sheet over some tree branches or chairs, to make a ‘tent’. We would read books, tell stories and jokes, and spy on the neighbors.
2. Having a picnic lunch, or ‘tea’ party on a blanket spread on the lawn.
3. Getting dressed in our ‘dress-up’ clothes and dancing barefoot on the lawn.
4.Filling up our 48 inch wide kiddy pool with sudsy water to give plastic baby dolls a bath, and shampoo. We would also sometimes include stuffed animals, and play dishes and plastic food. Washing things outside was a treat.
5. Using dandelions and other weeds and flowers to make ‘jewelry’ and hair accessories. We would tie them together, or use pipe cleaners or soft string to create hair bands, necklaces, and hair ties.
6.Planting flowers, herbs, and vegetables, and then weeding and harvesting them throughout the summer.
7, Using giant sidewalk chalk to draw on the driveway. We would also use the chalk to draw spots in a pattern on the driveway. The girls would hop or jump from spot to spot. They LOVED jumping and hopping.
8. Playing hopscotch, playing follow the leader, using a hula-hoop, and jumping rope.
9. Playing with their pet rabbit. I know that not everyone can have an outside pet, but we live on a farm, and they LOVED mothering their rabbit, our chickens, and our barn cats.
10.Making giant bubbles using a hand-made, rounded, wire coat hanger as a wand and a disposable lasagna pan filled with bubble solution.
I’d LOVE to read what kind of activities your daughters enjoy in the warm weather!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.mombyexample.com/archived/" target="_blank"><img src="http://ow.ly/4f23u" border="0" alt="Mom By Example Blog Hop" /></a></div>